Also known as the poet’s narcissi or narcissus poeticus, Daffodil Pheasant’s Eye is the daffodil of Greek legend, associated with the beautiful but vain Narcissus who was turned into a flower, ‘white of petal and red of cup’, because of his habit of staring at his reflection in the water. The story was passed down by the poets.
This gorgeous, highly scented variety, characterised by pure white petals that frame a yellow, flattened cup edged with red, is used by many professional French perfumiers as a principle ingredient in myriad successful and high-profile perfumes. Its essential oil fragrance resembles a combination of jasmine and hyacinth.
One of the last daffodils to bloom, daffodil Pheasant's Eye is certainly worth waiting for.
Height: 40 cm.
Bulb Size: Top Size 14/16 cm.
• Very Late Blooming Daffodil
• Very Fragrant
• Deer Resistant!
· Plant your flower bulbs in autumn
· Plant in borders or containers in sun or partial shade
· Plant the bulbs three times the size of the bulb deep
· Space the bulbs two times the size of the bulb apart
· Plant the bulbs with the pointed side facing upwards
For more information, click here to read our How-to-Guides
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
• We start shipping our flower bulbs by early October.
• We will continue to ship until the end of November or until supplies last.
View our shipping schedule overview
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.