Also known as Snake’s Head Fritillary or chequered lily, the low-growing Fritillaria Meleagris comes in a mixture of colours including white, purple, red and speckled / chequered forms. Once widespread in England and a regular feature in Elizabethan gardens, these unusual looking flowers are an ideal addition to rockeries, cottage gardens, traditional gardens, or meadows. This Meleagris variety may look delicate but is actually particularly hardy and can remain in the ground during dormancy.
At DutchGrown™ we only supply top-sized bulbs, order your Fritillaria Meleagris flower bulbs from us for Autumn delivery and planting.
Height 25 Inches.
Bulb size: 5/+ cm.
· Plant your flower bulbs in autumn
· Plant in borders or containers in sun or partial shade
· Plant the bulbs three times the size of the bulb deep
· Space the bulbs two times the size of the bulb apart
· Plant the bulbs with the pointed side facing upwards
For more information, click here to read our How-to-Guides
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
• We start shipping our flower bulbs by early October.
• We will continue to ship until the end of November or until supplies last.
View our shipping schedule overview
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.