To many gardeners the charming and welcome sight of snowdrops bursting through the ground heralds the end of winter and the prospect of brighter, warmer days ahead. Despite their delicate appearance, Galanthus Elwesii - more commonly known as Snowdrops - are incredibly tough and hardy, positively thriving in grey, gloomy climes.
This classic variety has cup-shaped pendant blooms with silver-grey tulip-like foliage. Awarded the prestigious Award of Garden Merit by the Royal Horticultural Society, Galanthus Elwesii Snowdrops are low maintenance and settle well into the landscape, returning year after year without any special care or attention. They make the perfect planting partner for Eranthis Hyemalis (Winter Aconite).
Buy Galanthus Elwesii now from DutchGrown™ for Autumn delivery.
Height: 15 cm.
Bulb Size: Top Size 8/+ cm.
• Deer Resistant
• Easy Naturalisers, Come Back For Many Years
• Blooms Late Winter
· Plant your flower bulbs in autumn
· Plant in borders or containers in sun or partial shade
· Plant the bulbs three times the size of the bulb deep
· Space the bulbs two times the size of the bulb apart
· Plant the bulbs with the pointed side facing upwards
For more information, click here to read our How-to-Guides
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
• We start shipping our flower bulbs by early October.
• We will continue to ship until the end of November or until supplies last.
View our shipping schedule overview
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.