• We start shipping our autumn planted bulbs from October 1st.
• We will continue to ship until December 1st.
Select your Peony root quantity here or adjust it in the quantity box below
We ship everywhere in Europe!
100% Grow Guarantee!
Rated 4.7 out of 5 by our customers
**pink petals are speckled!!**
Pietertje Vriend Wagenaar is a special peony flower that blooms later in the season. It is very beautiful and has a unique charm. The flowers are large and light pink, with delicate patterns that look like marble. They have darker pink spots on them, and the buds are a vibrant red color.
This peony is tall and strong, with sturdy stems that hold the flowers up proudly. The flowers stand out against the backdrop of dark green leaves.
Pietertje Vriend Wagenaar looks a lot like another famous peony called Sarah Bernhardt. Its blooms have a similar colour, maybe a bit lighter. This peony has received awards, like the American Peony Society Gold Medal in 2018 and the title of Peony of the Year in 2019, which shows how special it is!
Not only do people who love flowers find this peony captivating, but florists also really like it. They use it a lot in their arrangements because it is a great flower to cut and use in bouquets. Its many blooms make it a popular choice for floral designs that people always want.
Did you know? "Pietertje" is a Dutch name derived from the male given name "Pieter," which is the Dutch equivalent of "Peter" in English. "Pietertje" is a diminutive form of "Pieter" and is often used as an endearing nickname for someone named Pieter, similar to "Petey" in English. It conveys a sense of affection or familiarity towards the person named Pieter. The word "Vriend" means friend!
Learn more about how to grow peonies
- Height: up to 90cm
- Peony type: Herbaceous, double flowering peony
- Blooms from late to mid-summer
- Pink petals are speckled!!
- Peony Pietertje Vriend Wagenaar is an American Peony Society Gold Medal winner 2018, Peony of the year 2019
· Plant your flower bulbs in autumn
· Plant in borders or containers in sun or partial shade
· Plant the bulbs three times the size of the bulb deep
· Space the bulbs two times the size of the bulb apart
· Plant the bulbs with the pointed side facing upwards
For more information, click here to read our How-to-Guides
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
• We start shipping our flower bulbs by early October.
• We will continue to ship until the end of November or until supplies last.
View our shipping schedule overview
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.