• We start shipping our summer flowering bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Select your Peony root quantity here or adjust it in the quantity box below
We ship everywhere in Europe!
100% Grow Guarantee!
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by our customers
**pink petals are speckled!!**
Pietertje Vriend Wagenaar is a special peony flower that blooms later in the season. It is very beautiful and has a unique charm. The flowers are large and light pink, with delicate patterns that look like marble. They have darker pink spots on them, and the buds are a vibrant red color.
This peony is tall and strong, with sturdy stems that hold the flowers up proudly. The flowers stand out against the backdrop of dark green leaves.
Pietertje Vriend Wagenaar looks a lot like another famous peony called Sarah Bernhardt. Its blooms have a similar colour, maybe a bit lighter. This peony has received awards, like the American Peony Society Gold Medal in 2018 and the title of Peony of the Year in 2019, which shows how special it is!
Not only do people who love flowers find this peony captivating, but florists also really like it. They use it a lot in their arrangements because it is a great flower to cut and use in bouquets. Its many blooms make it a popular choice for floral designs that people always want.
Did you know? "Pietertje" is a Dutch name derived from the male given name "Pieter," which is the Dutch equivalent of "Peter" in English. "Pietertje" is a diminutive form of "Pieter" and is often used as an endearing nickname for someone named Pieter, similar to "Petey" in English. It conveys a sense of affection or familiarity towards the person named Pieter. The word "Vriend" means friend!
Learn more about how to grow peonies
- Height: up to 90cm
- Peony type: Herbaceous, double flowering peony
- Blooms from late to mid-summer
- Pink petals are speckled!!
- Peony Pietertje Vriend Wagenaar is an American Peony Society Gold Medal winner 2018, Peony of the year 2019
- Dig a hole to the required depth. You can find this required depth for each type of bulb, tuber or root in the growing guides.
- Depth is measurement of space between the soil line and top of bulb or bare root.
- Set the bulbs or bare root in place, pointed side or sprout side upward.
- Cover the bulbs by replacing the soil and water thoroughly.
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
We start shipping our spring planted flower bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Bulbs that are planted in spring and have a tendency to bloom in summer are called spring bulbs. Not to be confused with bulbs that are planted in autumn and bloom in spring.
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.