• We start shipping our summer flowering bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Select your Bare root quantity here or adjust it in the quantity box below
We ship everywhere in Europe!
100% Grow Guarantee!
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by our customers
A distinctive Jerusalem Sage variety featuring spirals of mauve-pink to delicate lilac blossoms arranged intermittently along sturdy, upright stems that display a reddish-purple hue. These stems rise above fuzzy, evergreen basal leaves. The remarkable flowers unfurl in succession, providing an extended blooming period.
In addition to its flowers, this plant is appreciated for its textured, grey-green leaves, which create a striking contrast with the delicate shades of the blooms.
In Autumn and Winter, the architectural stems persist, adding intrigue with their dried seed heads. Highly resilient to drought, this plant thrives in sunny locations with well-drained soil. It complements grasses wonderfully, contributing to an authentic prairie-style ambiance.
This Phlomis is easy to care for and has minimal maintenance needs. The flowers dry out elegantly after their blooming period. Once autumn ends, the foliage fades away, leaving the plant without any remaining structure. To prepare for the new growing season, prune the plant back to near ground level during the late winter or early spring months.
- Established height: up to 90 cm
- Size #1 bare root plant
- Dispatch in spring (Late March/April)
- Colour: Purple violet colored
- Flower Form: Unique flower wreather in layers around the stem.
- Ideal for sunny borders and gravel gardens
- One of the best drought-tolerant plants
- Best in a sunny and well drained position
- Easy to grow, low maintenance perennial
- Beginning in June, the flowers start to bloom, leading to an attractive flowering period lasting 6 to 8 weeks
- Common name: Jerusalem Sage
- Part of the Lamiaceae family
- Lovely addition to a bee-friendly garden
- Dig a hole to the required depth. You can find this required depth for each type of bulb, tuber or root in the growing guides.
- Depth is measurement of space between the soil line and top of bulb or bare root.
- Set the bulbs or bare root in place, pointed side or sprout side upward.
- Cover the bulbs by replacing the soil and water thoroughly.
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
We start shipping our spring planted flower bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Bulbs that are planted in spring and have a tendency to bloom in summer are called spring bulbs. Not to be confused with bulbs that are planted in autumn and bloom in spring.
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.