• We start shipping our summer flowering bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Select your Bare root quantity here or adjust it in the quantity box below
We ship everywhere in Europe!
100% Grow Guarantee!
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by our customers
Thalictrum Thundercloud, also recognized as 'Purple Cloud,' is an impressively tall cultivar, reaching heights of about 1 metre. With its bushy growth habit, this variety presents a striking presence in the garden. It proudly showcases double lavender-pink blossoms with prominent purple stamens, all held on elegant purple stems. The individual flowers, resembling miniature fireworks, add a burst of colour and intrigue. Regarded as one of the most eye-catching Meadow-Rues, Thalictrum Thundercloud brings a captivating allure to any landscape.
Thalictrum Thundercloud was introduced by the British plantswoman and garden designer Beth Chatto in 1989. It's a hybrid of Thalictrum aquilegifolium and Thalictrum pruinosum, both native to Europe.
The name "Thundercloud" comes from the deep purple stamens of the flowers, resembling thunderclouds. Thalictrum Thundercloud is a lovely and versatile plant, sure to bring an element of sophistication to any garden. It also serves as an excellent choice for pollinator gardens, attracting butterflies and other beneficial insects.
Available as bare root plants for spring dispatch.
Learn how to grow bare root perennials
- Height: up to 1m
- Established spread 30-50cm
- Plant spacing: 5 plants per m2
- Life cycle: Perennial
- Hardiness: Fully Hardy
- Blooming Time: Summer
- Prefers: Full sun / Partial shade
- Years to establish: 2-3 years
- Excellent cut flowers!
- Dig a hole to the required depth. You can find this required depth for each type of bulb, tuber or root in the growing guides.
- Depth is measurement of space between the soil line and top of bulb or bare root.
- Set the bulbs or bare root in place, pointed side or sprout side upward.
- Cover the bulbs by replacing the soil and water thoroughly.
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
We start shipping our spring planted flower bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Bulbs that are planted in spring and have a tendency to bloom in summer are called spring bulbs. Not to be confused with bulbs that are planted in autumn and bloom in spring.
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.