• We start shipping our summer flowering bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Select your Bare root quantity here or adjust it in the quantity box below
We ship everywhere in Europe!
100% Grow Guarantee!
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by our customers
Centaurea ‘Black Sprite’ is a striking clump forming perennial. This captivating plant produces slender stems carrying buds enveloped in overlapping bracts. These buds unfurl into large dark purple flowers with reddish undertones. Their fine outer florets encircle a cluster of near black flowers at the centre. This eye catching visual effect is guaranteed to draw admiration, making the Black Sprite a truly exceptional addition to any garden space.
Learn how to grow Centaurea
- Great for front of borders
- Also known as Cornflower or Bachelor's Button
- Plant in Full Sun / Partial Shade
- Loved by pollinators
- Excellent cut flower
- Height: up to 45cm
- Dig a hole to the required depth. You can find this required depth for each type of bulb, tuber or root in the growing guides.
- Depth is measurement of space between the soil line and top of bulb or bare root.
- Set the bulbs or bare root in place, pointed side or sprout side upward.
- Cover the bulbs by replacing the soil and water thoroughly.
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
We start shipping our spring planted flower bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Bulbs that are planted in spring and have a tendency to bloom in summer are called spring bulbs. Not to be confused with bulbs that are planted in autumn and bloom in spring.
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.