• We start shipping our summer flowering bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Select your Bare root quantity here or adjust it in the quantity box below
We ship everywhere in Europe!
100% Grow Guarantee!
Rated 4.8 out of 5 by our customers
Papaver 'King Kong' is a must-have in any cottage garden, showcasing large, deep red flowers that sit atop dense and robust dark green foliage. This hardy and clump-forming perennial graces the garden with big blousy blooms during late spring and early summer. As the season progresses, the foliage dies back completely by mid-summer, leaving space in the garden.
For a seamless and continuous garden display, consider planting 'King Kong' among wispy grasses or later flowering perennials that will gracefully fill the gaps left behind. The scarlet flowers of Poppy 'King Kong' bring a vibrant splash of colour to sunny borders and make stunning cut flowers. Its attractive dark green leaves, covered with coarse silvery hairs, add to its overall charm and appeal.
Learn how to grow Papaver
- Height: 90cm to 1.2m
- Enormous flowers measuring up to 18 cm across
- Perfect for cottage garden borders or scattering among wispy grasses.
- Thrives in Full Sun
- Dispatching as bare root plants, shipping in spring
- Dig a hole to the required depth. You can find this required depth for each type of bulb, tuber or root in the growing guides.
- Depth is measurement of space between the soil line and top of bulb or bare root.
- Set the bulbs or bare root in place, pointed side or sprout side upward.
- Cover the bulbs by replacing the soil and water thoroughly.
View our shipping rates per EU country here.
We start shipping our spring planted flower bulbs in Spring. We start shipping by the end of March.
Bulbs that are planted in spring and have a tendency to bloom in summer are called spring bulbs. Not to be confused with bulbs that are planted in autumn and bloom in spring.
For over 4 generations, DutchGrown™ has built its reputation by offering the best Autumn-planted flowers bulbs available anywhere. We take pride in our exceptionally high level of quality control customer service, and our commitment to client satisfaction continues long after the bulbs leave our premises. When you order from DutchGrown™, we 100% guarantee that you will receive the hardiest flower bulbs available, packed with care and ready to thrive in your garden. Read more.